Graphics & Machine Learning Engineer
I have built neural networks for eye tracking, VR rendering for Google Earth, and web graphics APIs. I enjoy applying cutting-edge technology in real-world applications.
- See A Satellite Tonight 9/2019 — Present
- Meta 7/2021 — 4/2022
- Holograms for "Project Nazare" augmented reality glasses.
- Google 10/2016 — 5/2021
- Worked with Mozilla, Microsoft, and Apple on WebGL and WebGPU standards. Implemented majority of WebGL 2 API surface in WebKit/Safari.
- Eyefluence 1/2015 — 10/2016
- I designed and implemented a complete deep learning based eye tracking system from scratch. I designed a data collection procedure and software to collect large labeled datasets, implemented visualization tools to debug data issues, designed neural net architectures, invented a few-shot learning technique for user calibration at runtime, performed training, created an SDK and an integration with the Unity game engine, and optimized the system for real time performance at 90 Hz.
- The system I built got rave reviews from TechCrunch, CNET, PC World, USA Today, and more. Google acquired us in 2016.
- Google 10/2010 — 12/2014
- I conceived and created the first version of Google Earth VR. I helped ship WebGL rendering for Google Maps.
- Prior: Microsoft and Northrop Grumman